Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thu 11/12/2009 - Great checkup!


Yesterday (Wednesday 11/11/2009) was a unique day. I had a single serving of soup for lunch but also brought in leftovers of the veggie lasagna from the night before. But the soup was enough, so the lasagna was discarded. I had to work hard to ensure that I got my protein for the day, for even at dinnertime I just wasn’t hungry. I also worked to get my minimum fluids in for the day. But I did it! I am oncall ths week and that has added a new dimension to my first week back at work.

I took a picture right before I ate my “cup of gumbo” at lunch. This is where I work! How many items can you identify that I have around my terminal? And for a change it is somewhat picked up! I also got a call from my nurse at Dr. Crookers - my blood sugar is "normal" and my A1C is 2 whole points down - almost "normal", too - with no insulin or pills since the day of the surgery. I do so sincerely hope those diabetic days are behind me now - and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment