Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sat Nov 21 2009 - UCF 49 Tulane 0


Today brought the UCF vs Tulane football game. Several of the brothers from last nights celebration were gathering, with their families, and tailgaiting in the parking areas prior to the game. Victor Collazo likes to have a theme for each games tailgaiting party, and since Tulane is from New Orleans, he chose Cajun. He is quite a chef! The weather was perfect, in the 70’s with a light breeze. A very enthusiastic crowd was gathered, everyone around us was in good spirits as well, and since the game didn’t start till 2pm, they all had an extra couple of hours before we all migrated to the field. I still cannot believe that UCF has a football team, but they sure do! It was a very good game, with UCF winning 49-0! The crowd kind of broke up at halftime, so I wandered to a local coffeehouse where the local Gator Club was meeting called Embers. They had a great outside patio area with several big screen TV’s and a projection screen as well. I ordered a chicken-wing appetizer called Screamers – it was five chicken breast portions! I ate part of ONE. I also ordered their Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, and ate about half of that.
I wandered around the campus for a bit and am now back at the room. Exhausted. It has been a great weekend. Plans are to leave first thing tomorrow morning when I wake up (Sunday) and head back up the highway to home. The Weather Channel is calling for a “soaker” for the southeast – wonderful. That should make the trip home just so eventful. The earlier I leave, I figure, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment