Saturday, November 7, 2009

Back to work! On Monday, 11/9/2009....


Today was my last official day of "working from home" before returning to the office on Monday (11/9). To really add to the misery, there were layoffs at my workplace yesterday, and an entire department was cut. I hope that we are all taking care of ourselves - professionally and personally - and not counting on thngs to stay the same any time in the near future. Take every opportunity you can to better yourself - both for your benefit and your family's. Network, get out and about, go to that educational class you have been thinking about, even if it is at the local rec center! Listen and talk to those around you - especially people that are not your regular social circle. Find out what they think, what they worry about, what their hopes and dreams are - and make them part of what makes you who YOU are. This is one of the reasons I like teaching college so much - I am constantly around motivated people - people who have a dream and are working hard to achieve it. And in my own way, I am doing the same. Am I ready should I lose my job? No, sadly not. But who is? All we can do is react when and if things happen - and that goes for the positive and the negative. Be supportive of those around you, and when and if the time comes, lean on the support of those around you! None of us go through any of this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment