Sunday, November 15, 2009


Ah Saturday. My first week back was quite busy with being oncall and all. My dieting went well, I was able to reconnect with old friends and received inquisitive looks from people who noticed that "something was different" with me. A good friend says he knows I am at work when he now hears my hand blender humming as I mix my protein mix into the morning coffee. Everyone has been very supportive.


Today Laurie and I tackled the basement - Bridgette and her boyfriend moved out on Labor Day and the basement has been in a state of limbo everr since. Now we aree moving their stuff out (to the curb or to Goodwill) and reclaiming our space! Get the carpets cleaned, paint, upgrade! laurie is also reclaiming what used to be Bridgette's bedroom and going to use the closet space for sure - there never seems to be enough closet space!


Finally about 4pm we took a break and I ran a load of donated goods to Goodwill. Afterwards I went to get us a bite to eat, and it seems that there was either a flooding problem or a water main problem, for most of the restaurants in our little town were closed with notices on the door about this weather-related incident. The Dairy Queen was opn, though, so I ordered for Laurie and then thought about what I could eat. The Firecracker chicken strip wrap looked good, but so did the chili dog - and of course an order of onion rings. There goes the pre-surgery Steve, at it again!


But I ordered and took the food home. I cut the chili dog into small pieces and ended up just eating the hot dog itself. And the Firecracker chicken strip wrap! I took one bite (a small one at that) and ended up pulling the chicken strip out of the wrap (it had been rolled in hot sauce!) and cutting it into very small pieces. And I ate 2 onion rings. But I was satisfied! I still hate to throw away food - or see anyone else throw away food. Maybe that is why I was the way I was! No longer...


Early to bed last night (8:30pm) as I had to rise at 3am to continue my oncall duties. Now (5:30am) on Sunday, those duties are complete - and I might just head back to bed for a short while. Have a great day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment