Friday, November 13, 2009

Fri 11/13/200 - Friday the 13th! Lunch @ Jason's Deli


I went to Jason’s Deli for lunch today with Dave, it was my first real foray into the “real food world”. I love the Spicy Seafood Gumbo there, so got a bowl of that. I thought their chicken salad (with pineapple!) would sit pretty well on my new stomach, so I ordered their special – a Chicken Salad Wrap. With free water, the meal came to $7.12.

I opened the wrap and ate the chicken salad and small tomato slices – bypassing the onion and lettuce. The gumbo was as good as I expected…. It was a great meal, and I came back to my desk “satisfied” – no cramps or discomfort, no guilt, and my friend Dave, who has seen me devour entire restaurants at lunch, was somewhat shocked by my “new attitude” and pace. We had a great lunch, concentrating more on talking and laughing than on shoveling food into our mouths. Even Dave commented that he ate less than he thought he would, and enjoyed it more!

Laurie’s daughter Bridgette had a great OB visit today – the doc said he needed to review the ultrasound results, but if her amniotic fluid levels were low, he would induce labor tonight (11/13/2009!) If not, he would schedule her to have labor induced on 11/20/2009 (next Friday, if she goes that long). He said the baby is already in excess of 7lbs! Bridgette is living in Sugarland, TX with her boyfriend and his extended family. She’s a long way from her Momma, but is doing well and is ready to have this baby (a boy, plans are to name it Jonathan).

Does anyone have any idea as to what to do about Gout! I have suffered from Gout for over 20 years and it comes and goes between my left big toe knuckles to my right big toe knuckle…. I understand that Gout is a buildup of uric acid that crystallizes in the joint… but I cannot completely cut out “dark liquids” (coffee!), though since my RNY gastric bypass I have cut out red meat (for at least three weeks!).. Any remedies or incantations that might help? I take colchicine when the pain starts, but it takes 24-36 hrs to show any benefits. Can anyone help?

Have a great weekend all. It is finally drying out here in NE Georgia, and a beautiful weekend is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment