Friday, November 6, 2009

Thu Nov 05 2009 - two weeks Post-Op!


Well, here I sit two weeks since my Gastric Bypass surgery. I had a good day, enjoying a single serving of Mom's Taco Soup for lunch. After work (still WFH for the rest of this week), Laurie asked if I would like to go with her to hit a few stores, and we left! We stopped at Sonny's BBQ for dinner, I thought I could find something there I could eat. I ordered one of their specials: a half-rack of Baby Back ribs with a baked potato and corn bites. Water to drink. I mashed the baked potato up real well and ate about 1/2 of the potato, no skin. I also ate about 1/2 of the half-rack, peeling the meat from the ribs and very carefully chewing up each bite. I brought the other half of the meal home in a to-go box. I could feel the food on my stomach, and knew when to quit. Looking back, I probably should have just had their soup, but damn, I wanted a taste of the ribs and those corn bites are great, too! The meal was $7.99, and I in effect ate half of it.

Afterwards we roamed Hobby Lobby and toys-R-Us looking for Christmas decorations and presents for the current grandkids and Bridgette's soon-to-be-born baby, our future grandson Jonathan. By the time we finished at T-R-Us it was 7:40pm, and we were just exhausted. Funny how early I hit my limit energy-wise. But that is to be expected.

When I got home I looked up the calorie and protein count for Sonny's BBQ food and found a great site, www.thedailyplate.com . You type in a restaurant name and nutrition data is displayed. The half of a half-rack of ribs came in at 207calories, the corn bites 300calories / 4 protein, and the baked potato 150cal, 4 protein. Lots of calories! I think back to a month ago, where I would have eaten the full rack of ribs, a baked potato and the corn bites, and a serving of bread, too. Over 3000 calories, easy. My oh my.

Tomorrow (fFri) is my last WFH day, and I am looking forward to returning to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment