Friday, November 20, 2009

Thu 11/19/2009 - off to Orlando


The trip to Orlando started uneventfully. A nice drive towards FL, got as far as Gainesville, FL before I stopped for the night - how convenient, right next to the Univ of Fla! Stayed at the Econo Lodge on University Ave..... clean, convenient, safe(?), heard lots of police sirens and street activity - Laurie said that Econo Lodge is on "Cops" (a TV show) alot... that made me feel so much better! More pics at my flickr page www.flickr.com/photos/stephenj - look for the sets on the right side of the screen.
I brought a supply of SF puddings and gelatin, as well as some of those great soups from Mom and Lisa. And cheese sticks! I am going to stop this morning (fri) and get an egg and a small serving of grits before I head to Sound Depot and Performance to get my truck's radio looked at - it quit on me in Valdosta. Satellite radio worked great, but no radio to play it through! The hotel desk guy (a UF student) said he knows the owner of this audio shop - Omar - and that he could "hook me up". I wondered, "with what?" :o) Free coffee, got my protein in and vitamins..... hope to be in Orlando and at UCF by early afternoon for the Lambda Chi Alpha celebration. Then a UCF vs Tulane football game on Saturday, meeting long lost fraternity brothers (it has been 30 years since I was last at UCF), gonna stay in a nicer place in Orlando :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment