Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sat and Sun, Nov 28 and 29, 2009


Not much going on these two days - I have been nursing my sore stomach. Probably sore from the vomiting and drama on Friday, but still just a bit unsettled. I did have an egg today (sunday), and I see Dr. Richard tomorrow as part of my 6-week post-op followup.

Coffee is no longer palatable to me. I cannot figure out why. For most of my adult life, I loved coffee! When I started this program, I was mixing my protein powder with my coffee and loving it - it tasted just like a QuikTrip Cappucino. But since I "got sick", just the smell of coffee nauseates me! I am going to have to try mising the protein with my PowerAde Zero and see if I can get the necessary nutrients that way. I hope my taste for coffee returns soon.

I did get to go to The Monkey Barrel, a bar/restaurant in Gainesville, GA to watch the Florida Gators defeat the Florida State Seminoles - Kenneth (my brother) and I will be in Atlanta on 12-5 for the SEC Championship Game (Gators vs Alabama). It was intersting to smell all of the great food that the other Gator fans were eating - pizza, wings, fries, salads, pasta! But I was a good boy and stuck with my water and a serving of chicken broth that sister-in-law Lisa brought me. Thanks Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment