Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tue 11/10/2009 - work from home day, visit to Dr. Crooker

Today has been a bit funky for me. My stomach has a hungry feeling, but I just don't feel like eating. I did get my protein in via my morning coffee. Laurie and I went for our doctor's visit today - I've been seeing Dr. Christopher Crooker for 20 years, Laurie has been a patient of his since we got married. We schedule appts together and it's like a reunion! Dr. Crooker was pleased with my decision and action and results of the GB surgery. He had bloodwork done on me at my request, I want to make sure my enzyme and mineral levels are doing well. One big change is that I am so cold now. I mean very cold! I sleep under at least 2 blankets, and wear long sweat pants and long-sleeved shirts around the house. Time was when I was the one that wanted to turn a fan on or roll the car windows down. I want to make sure my iron levels are OK, I do take a iron supplement as part of the post-op vitamin protocols.

While Dr. Crooker and Laurie were going over her medical situation, I looked down at a wart I have on my left ankle and it looked a bit odd. I've had this wart for several years and just have never been able to "get to it" because of my weight. But since I am down 38 pounds, I thought I'd try again and sure enough, I was able to bend myself in such a way that I could get to my ankle! That in itself was a real accomplishment. When I ran my thumb over the wart, it crumbled and fell OFF. Dr. Crooker looked at me, then at the wart, and handed me a band-aid. He said that sometimes warts do fall of, but not often. He said it might come back, and to keep an eye on it. The wart was located on the outside of my ankle, right where a shoe-line falls, so it alone kept me from wearing some of my shoes. No more!

My waxy ears were clear, which is another amazing thing. It is a regular request of mine to have the Dr. clear out the wax in my ears - they do it so efficiently. But I didn't need it this trip. I got a flu shot.

For dinner I fixed a single-serve vegetarian lasagna from Trader Joes, but ate only half. (380 calories, 9g protein). I'll take the rest to work on Wed.

Have a great day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment