Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Monday and Tuesday 11/23 and 11/24/2009


I learned something new about me today - carbon monoxide, like from car exhaust, nauseates me. It hasn't before, but I noticed today that as I exited a Walmart and walked behind a BloodMobile bus, the exhaust fumes about made me pass out! On the way hoem from WM, I got behind a dump truck, and I had the same reaction. I could smell the exhaust, and just a few seconds later I got swimmy-headed.

This is quite different from pre-surgery. It was an irritating thing to be around, but I never felt like I was going to hurl. Interesting.

Last night I had about 2 tbsp of some homemade chili that my wife, Laurie, made - and it felt good! Prior excursions into ground meat or really any kind of beef brought an uneasy feeling to my stomach - but the chili was good! I see Dr. Richard again on 11/30, for a six-week post-op checkup - maybe I am ready to move to Phase III foods? (regular foods, but still somewhat guarded, stay with the soft foods, progress as I can, etc.)

Tomorrow is the day before Thanksgiving! It is hard to believe that the holidays are already here.

No comments:

Post a Comment