Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wed 10/21/2009 PreOp Day 14 - surgery is tomorrow!

Today is “the day before” – surgery. I have survived the two-week liquid diet, but the thought of the surgery has really taken my appetite anyway. I have read and re-read the “what to expect before” and “after” material, and kept good records as requested by the docs and nurses. Now it is just a matter of getting the surgery over with. I’ll be back online sometime Friday – the surgery is Thu 10/22 at 9:50, and after an overnight stay, the plans are to release me “around dinnertime” on Friday 10/23/09.

And with that, the rest of my life begins. There is no turning back on this decision, which in itself is reassuring to me. I have found wonderful support from my family and friends and employer, and want to make each of you proud of me and this decision that each of you helped me make. I regret deeply having to have this surgery, but as they say, “it is what it is”. I got myself into this predicament, and I will endeavor, with each of your help, to extricate myself from it, whole!

Check back periodically, friends – there is more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment