Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday 10/25/2009 - broth, jello, coffee!

It's Sunday morning and I am home. The doc kept me an extra day to make sure my kidneys and bladder were working properly. Shortly after the catheter was removed, I quit peeing. For five hours. The doc said it would be a good idea to keep me one more night, for if this were indeed a problem and I was sent home, I would have to come back to the hospital through the emergency room. He wrote orders for 1000ml of fluids via the IV, and I got to enjoy dinner (broth, jello) and another night in rm6717. during the evening I quickly converted the 1000ml of fluids into an equal amount of urine, and after a rousing breakfast of - broth and jello and decaf coffee - Dr. Richard released me and I was home by 11am on Saturday.
I return on 10/30 for my followup, with instructions to "eat a scrambled egg" before the followup visit - I guess Dr. Richard will want to see how I handle solid food.
I feel pretty good, though sleeping is a bit rough with the abdominal pain I have. Dr. Richard prescribed Lortab Elixir for pain, but the pain is not really that bad - just uncomfortable as I move around - I didn't realize how much you use your abdominal muscles.
I also get to start on my vitamin regime - b12, b-500, calcium citrate, iron (sub lingual), multivitamins. All but two are chewable, the iron is under-the-tongue. Documentation states that anything in a pill form may not be absorbed properly by my new stomach and need to be either liquid or chewable.

No comments:

Post a Comment