Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Oct 26, 2009 Day 5 Post-Op


Today was a good day. Well, sortof... it rained the entire day, and the dog and I had every intention of getting some exercise! It was a nice, steady rain, something that this area has needed for years - and one that has been wreaking havoc with neighbors to the south of us for the past few weeks.


But I digress. Today started well, with me again enjoying the "cappuccino" style coffee drink(s) this morning that got me 50g of the required 95g of protein for the day. I am down 17 pounds so far (since the start of the liquid diet) and can really feel the difference. Today was the 2nd day of being 'on leave' from work, add that to the bad weather, and it seems that I have been cooped up in the house for almost a week.


I tried a lentil soup recipe from the web page http://www.thinnertimes.com/ recipe page - 300 calories total for two servings, and I can add salsa and a bit of hot sauce -and puree it thoroughly. I have to watch my liquid intake, making sure that I get at least 64 oz of water each day - that is 1/2 a gallon! It's not all bad - I get to count the coffee, tea, and SF popsicles towards that goal.


I still had the hunger confusion today, but with splitting the lentil soup into two separate "meals", that helped to keep my mind off the hunger aspect. My energy is good, my health and recovery seems to be very good, and I am quite blessed.

1 comment:

  1. How about a play date for Cocoa and Joey? We could walk The Park.

    ReplyDelete