Tuesday, October 13, 2009

PreOp Diet, Monday Oct 12 2009

Today was a tough day - the first day back at work, which I thought would help to keep my mind off eating, but all it really did was keep me from eating - is that all bad? My numbers for Monday were entirely too low, even with the Tortilla Soup broth. I did not fix a Protein shake at all, again with being oncall this week and not home till after 6pm, a milk-based Protein shake just didn't sound appetizing. On top of that I had to work from 11:45pm Mon till about 2:30am Tue for an oncall issue, so I went to bed around 8:30pm. I have to be careful with this - I need at least 95G protein a day.

Cal: 660; Carb 122; Protein: 21

On Sunday, I went to Publix to get some "rations". The experience was very unique! Sunday was Day3 of this liquid preop diet, and the moment I walked in the doors, I was overwhelmed by the stimulus! first was the aroma from the bakery, and then the deli! The SF gelatin is located in the Deli, so I had to wind through there. Then past the Seafood counter - even the smell of seafood was so amazing. I then walked down an aisle to get coffee.... and the bright colors of the breakfast cereal boxes were so amazing! It was sensory overload. Even the refrigerated milk box was bright and enticing. When the cashier asked if I "found everything I was looking for", I had to smile quite broadly. If she only knew!

Preop meeting with the Doctor on Wednesday, then with the Hospital that afternoon. Both want me to bring my checkbook and pay my part of the cost not covered by my insurance. These folks are getting pretty savvy!

No comments:

Post a Comment