Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wed and Thu Dec 02 and 03, 2009 - I need to get my protein!


Wednesday was a very unsettled day as far as my stomach goes. I am still forcing myself to mix the protein mix in my morning coffee, and yesterday it just wasn’t working. It made me miserable all day, so I have decided to stop ruining my coffee – I’ll get my protein another way for now. And that way is – via bottled IsoPure drinks! One 20oz bottle has 40grams of protein (2scoops of powder is 50g). I bought five bottles on Monday at Dr. Richard’s office, so I will go that route for now. $3.75a bottle, but at least it doesn’t run my entire day. I had some of Lisa’s chicken broth for lunch. I just wasn’t hungry…..

And here I am on Thursday on my 2nd cup of plain old black coffee, and it feels pretty good. Dr. Richard did prescribe Protonix to deal with a suspected acid problem in both my “new” stomach and in the old one – but from what I read it can take up to 6 weeks for Protonix to kick in. I brought miso soup for lunch today, and a gelatin snack, pudding, and two Sargento cheese sticks.

Laurie and Shirley are becoming Sugarland regulars, finding their way around to all of the necessities – Outback steakhouse, Walmart, the regional Mall – and of course the beeline route to that new grandbaby, Jon! They are there for 2 weeks, till 12/15. Lots of great bonding time for everyone involved. Koko and I are settling in with just the 2 of us for that 2-week period. Off to the SEC Championship Football game, Gators vs Alabama, this weekend. Well, I am anyway. Koko is off to the kennel. He gets his latest rounds of shots and the canine flu shots. Hey, better he than me!

I’ve uploaded the latest pics from Laurie of baby Jon to my flickr page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment