Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday 12/23/2009 - chili and gumbo!


Took my boss to lunch today to celebrate his upcoming birthday. At Pappadeaux! They had a great looking lunch buffet, but I had the gumbo and a sushi roll instead. Yummy!

My wife has been on a Chili kick lately, so I have made two batches of Chili for her along with my corn soufflĂ©. It has tasted exceptionally well, and agreed with my system. We also have booked our trip to Cancun for March 2010 (two weeks) staying at our favorite place, Solymar. Now to figure out how I can get my protein while I am there! The powder is just not agreeing with me – I tried this week again with coffee and just couldn’t even get the first sip down before I was gagging! I have found respite in the IsoPure drinks, but an 80z bottle run about $2 and I need three of them a day to equal what two scoops of the IsoPure powder gives me (50g protein). Iso Pure also sells the 20oz bottles, which I have kept at home – but the sheer weight alone would make transporting them to Cancun prohibitive. Perhaps Amazon can ship me a case of the 80oz bottles without breaking the bank. How else am I to get my necessary protein for the 2 weeks? Yogurt is 7grams, lentil soup is 13. (imagine 4 cans of Lentil soup a day!) Sargento string cheese has 8g in a single cheese serving (you’ve seen those).. How about peanut butter? Anyone have any suggestions? I have till March 03 to figure this out.

And it is just a few days till Christmas, so please, to you and your family and friends – Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment