Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday 01/10/2009 - 15 Bean Soup


I was oncall this week and that means I was up alot early this morning performing maintenane to my corporate databases at LexisNexis. During that time I took on a project - fix 15 Bean Soup. I bought a 3-pack of ham hocks and the bag of soup beans(Hambeeens brand). Soak the beans in water for 8 hrs, add the hock(s), onion, garlic, and chicken bouillion, cook 2 more hrs, taste. Cook 15 more minutes. Very tasty! And good for you - a 1/2 cup serving of cooked beans has 1G fat, 8G protein, just 1G sugar, 20G carbs.

My maintenance work went well, I caught up alot on the stuff stored on the DVR (less tivoanxiety!), and feel pretty dang good.

Yesterday Courtney and the boys came over early as their water pipes had frozen and she needed some clean bottles and a load or two of clothes done. I took pics of the grandkids having a good time. See the link above.

I have a post-ER checkup with Dr. Richard in the morning, 9am. Everything since the New Years eve weekend ER visit has been going well, I am taking the Reglan 4x a day as prescribed, and eating a more solid food diet. Here is to better days!

Next weekend Laurie and I are off to Birmingham, AL for the weekend to see one of my favorite crooners, Matt Dusk, perform at The Library Theater. We are staying at The Wynfrey hotel and very much looking forward to the "break". Then March 9 it is off for our 2-weeks in Cancun. Busy times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment